Do you want to…
- Return to exercise after having a baby, safely and appropriately?
- Get expert advice on the best way to improve your postnatal fitness?
- Exercise in a gym environment?
- Workout face-to-face with a tribe of like-minded superhero mums?
- Bring baby with you to cheer you on?
Mighty Mums® small group training at CRGym, Newhaven Road EH6 5QG, various times (Mondays, Wednesday and Thursdays).
I created Mighty Mums® to help you feel strong and confident in your postnatal body.
Looking after a tiny new human being, straight after growing that tiny new human being from scratch, is tough on your body. Nobody needs to consider themselves “broken”, but we do need the appropriate care and attention to feel fit again.
Mighty Mums® is small group training focussed on finding out and progressing what your postnatal body is ready for.
In your first six-week block, we revisit the ‘big moves’ that make up workouts and mum-life – squats, hinge, push, pull and lunge – with respect to your postnatal core and pelvic floor.
Small groups mean:
- a maximum of four mums,
- everyone following a tailored training programme
- working on the same exercises at the same time, but with different options to suit your stage of postnatal recovery
- more scope to select the weights and speeds that suit you best – lots of dumbbells, kettlebells and other kit at CRGym including cardio equipment.
- there will be online resources available to you so that you can do another workout at home during the week.
You can expect
- Mobility to ease the ‘mummy muscles’ – because the daily challenges of feeding, lifting and pushing have an impact on your body.
- Core & pelvic floor training in every single session – because your body’s been through a lot.
- Movement variations that work for you and help you feel better connected to your body.
- Circuit training workouts to suit your energy levels
You are welcome to bring your baby along to the class, and many of the courses have our dedicated and brilliant professional babysitter Natalie to help out.
Join for small group face-to-face training and you’ll also get access to online resources so you can workout at home too.
I want you to
- Feel stronger
- Get the endorphins flowing with low-impact cardio
- Use your core and pelvic floor with confidence
- Have a good time
- Feel like the MIGHTY MUM that you are!
If you’re wondering how soon after birth you can exercise, you can join a Mighty Mums block after you’ve been cleared for exercise by your GP at your six-week check. (If your GP doesn’t offer a 6-week check as standard, please ask for one and check that you are safe for exercise.) If you had a C-section the recovery time is more like 8-10 weeks, but again, please be guided by your GP.
Before you join, you’ll complete my thorough screening questionnaire so I can make sure the class is suitable for you, and we’ll have an introductory phone call before the session begins.
How to book
If there are sessions currently available to book, you’ll find the details here.
If there are no sessions currently available, please drop me a line on my Contact page and I’ll add you to the pre-sales list so you can get early access to spaces when they become available.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Book a 15 minute Clarity Call to have all your questions answered.